WEEK 12

 PROJECT PROGRESS


12.1 Low fidelity prototype progress (in Adobe XD)

This week, I continue to do my low fidelity prototype in order to do a usability test before get started with high fidelity prototype. Due to the big amount of interface need to be designed and animate. I spend quite a lot of time in figuring the best flow and layout as well as other designs. During this process, I realised creating an app prototype is indeed not easy, it requires so much of frames to reach to a prototype level, yet, this haven't including the linking part (link all the frames). It was my first time doing such project to create a low fidelity app prototype, therefore, my speed in doing the project slightly slower due to I keep searching for tutorials as well as animation tutorial at online so I could learn how to make a better prototype. It is a new experience for me to explore but I did learned and gain a lot of new knowledge during the process.


Below are some part of my low fidelity prototype progress :





















12.2   Link all the low fidelity wireframes progress (in Adobe XD)

After done with the wireframes designs, I started to link all the frames up as well as those buttons or components. At first, I thought it can be done in a short period of time, however, after done linking all the frames, I realised it was a big work and spend lots of time too just to link each component, frames and buttons. There are so much trial and error during the process too when linking all the frames because some of the components have errors that it cannot use certain transitions. Besides, there are so many things that need to pay attention such as the sequence of each content, or else it would affect the display. 


Below are some part of the low fidelity prototype linking progress:





























12.3   Research on User acceptance form 

I planned to do an unmoderated remote usability test. Thus before getting started with the usability test, I decided to create a user acceptance form in order to manage the response easier. However, I'm not sure what questions need to be included in the user acceptance form so I decided to do some research on the user acceptance form to let me have a better understanding on it. 


a) What is User Acceptance Test Form (UAT)

    - a type of testing conducted to the end-user to verify the product/software before goes to the production of a product

    - conducted in the final phase of testing 

    - other terms including end-user testing, operational, application, beta testing

    - includes "validation" & "verification" process

    - "validation" : to assure the product met the business requirements & can be used by the users

    - "verification" : a QnA process to test the technical aspects of the product, to ensure it actually works (This is what I decided to do)

    Elazar E (2021)


b) Purpose of UAT

    - to check if a product being developed is the right one for the end users

    - to validate the product corresponds to the needs of the users 

    - to ensure it is ready for launch

    - to deliver functional applications

    Guru99 (2021)


c) Steps of UAT

    - analyse product requirements & define key deliverables

    - choose the users to test and give results as well as comments

    - introduce the users to testing process and the objectives

    - run the test 

    - collect information and analyse it

    - do a summary

    AltexSoft (2019), Anon (2021)


After having some research on the Usability test last few weeks and also research on User Acceptance Form, I have a better understanding on both functionalities. It is indeed helped me out during my brainstorming of the questions in the User Acceptance Form. Therefore, I did some notes and mindmap to lead me to the final User Acceptance Form. 








12.4   Usability Test objectives & User acceptance form Progress 

After having some understanding of both the usability test and user acceptance form, I did a usability test objective for selected 9 users to participate in the usability test. The users will be more focused on 2 types of target users, which is the employers and the people with disabilities. Yet, the objectives are to meet the core features of the app prototype. 

Below are the usability test objectives that I've done for the 9 selected users to participate in the usability test:



As for the User Acceptance Form, I have categorised it into few types of Questions format, including open-answer questions and multiple-choice questions. The questions are more focused on the text, icon, call-to-action buttons sizes, hierarchy and the naturalness to navigate. I decided to use Google Form to create the User Acceptance Form. It is because it can generate link and easier to let the users access to it.


User Acceptance Form link : https://forms.gle/JyYq8hwxQ2xU9x8b7 

Below are the User Acceptance Form questions : 







12.5   Final project phase planning 

During the online class this week, lecturer has mentioned our final project's phase planning. After having some discussion with the lecturer, I can't use the online platform to execute my app prototype. I need to code the app prototype at the ending of the project. We were informed of what needs to be submitted during the final of this semester. After that, we will be having a new plan for the entire project, which is to execute the current prototype into a working app prototype, which for my project will involve coding. 


There are a few steps in my app development, which categorised into 5 phase. 

Phase 1 - Planning (research, data collection, requirements)

Phase 2 - Design (wireframes, prototype, testing, data collection)

Phase 3 - Development (coding)

Phase 4 - Launch (project go live)

Phase 5 (if continues on going) - Maintenance 


For our project, we need to complete until 3rd phase. Therefore, I decided to complete the project until Phase 2 this semester (including planning, research and design) and continues Phase 3 in the next semester (which is coding part). In other words, during this semester which is until Phase 2, I will complete 2 high fidelity prototype. After completing both high fidelity prototype, I will need to do more test to test if the prototype works or not so I could have more improvements on the prototype and add on other features on it if possible (for future development).



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


References

Guru99 (2021) What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT)? with Examples. [Online] Available at: https://www.guru99.com/user-acceptance-testing.html (accessed 17/ 04/ 21).


AltexSoft (2019) How to Conduct User Acceptance Testing: Process Stages, Deliverables, and End-User Testing Place in Quality Assurance. [Online] Available at: https://www.altexsoft.com/blog/engineering/how-to-conduct-user-acceptance-testing-process-stages-deliverables-and-end-user-testing-place-in-quality-assurance/ (accessed 17/ 04/ 21).


Elazar E (2021) What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT) - The Full Process Explained. [Online] Available at: https://www.panaya.com/blog/testing/what-is-uat-testing/ (accessed 17/ 04/ 21).


Anon (2021) Fundamentals on setting up your User Acceptance Testing workflow. [Online] Available at: https://usersnap.com/blog/user-acceptance-testing-workflow/ (accessed 07/ 05/ 21).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 16

WEEK 10

WEEK 13