WEEK 3

 WEEKLY LECTURE

This week's class is about ethic, which is the risk and protocol. The reason we are having this as part of the lecture class is to let us understand the possibility of risk throughout the project, hoping to help the students in lower down the risk during the project. Therefore, all students are required to obtain ethical approval before conduct any research including interviews, focus groups, case studies and many more that involves sensitive topics. 


From this class of lecture, I understand and realized that a project there are so much we need to consider before getting started with a project . We need to note down all the progress in details in order to let us figure out if there is any risks in the project. Meanwhile, it help us to identify our project's size and how our project will going to be like.


When it comes to the level of risk, there are low, medium and high risk. In which I found that my project is somehow will touch the topic that is related to vulnerable people, which is the disabled people. However, this is under low risk, so the lecturer told me not to worry that much.


UI/ UX workshop

Among the students, there are some students who will be involved in UI UX for the project execution. However, most of us are not familiar with UI UX, therefore lecturer decided to give us a class of workshop about UI UX. 

From what I have learn through this workshop, there are a few steps or principal occurs while doing UI UX project :


1. Research (which we have done while sending out the questionnaire survey form)

- the objectives of the project

- research questions

- competitors

- target audience


2. Analysis

- User persona & user story

- User scenario & user flow

- Information architecture

- Core feature

- How the project works? (business model etc)


3. Design 

- wireframe

- user interface design

- finally is the prototype




________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


PROJECT PROGRESS

Further Research, FINAL questionnaire draft & form

This week after sending out the questionnaire. I realized there are some missing questions in the questionnaire where the questions are important to me for my project. Therefore, I reconduct more in-depth research so that I can come out with a more comprehensive questionnaire survey to the target audience. Below are the further research that I did to have even more understanding on the issue and the target audience.


[R&D] w3 - Fyp Research... by CHAO CI XIN


After further research was done, I recreate another version of the questionnaire survey to send it out to my target audience for responses. Before sending out the new version of the questionnaire, I did a draft first in order to check every question and not to make mistakes like before again, which I realized there are missing questions in the previous questionnaire. The questionnaire will be separated into two target audience for responses, which is the primary target audience (the disabled people) and the secondary target audience (the employers). Both questionnaires have 2 parts, including the basic information and the questions that I wanted to find out the answers to and get the data.


Below are the FINAL questionnaire draft which I did to check all the questions before sending it out as a form.


[R&D] W3 - FINAL Questi... by CHAO CI XIN


After done the checking on the FINAL questionnaire draft, I used GOOGLE FORM to create the questionnaire. However, during the time I am creating the questionnaire form through the GOOGLE FORM, I suddenly think of some disabled people might not understand well in English. Therefore, I decided to do one more step for them, which I translate the questions into different languages in order to ease the disabled people or people who are helping them to fill up the survey easier to read. During the progress when sending out the questionnaire survey for responses, in order to direct get in touch with the disabled people, I send the questionnaire survey through social media "direct message" with the help of my disabled friend, hoping that I can get more results as it is quite difficult to contact the disabled organization or the disabled people. 


The FINAL questionnaire survey link:

(for the disabled people) https://forms.gle/MBRnU4ZeVmdAi2UA8 

(for the employers) https://forms.gle/oU4GbrTo4YM8jKji7




Risk & Protocol Form

After done with the research and questionnaire survey form, I am responsible to identify if there is any risk involved during my project research. Its aim is to prevent any severe risk and make sure the outcome of the project is safe. Therefore, I did the protocol form practice with the guidance of the steps. This actually helps me understand more in project management, which there will be many things to consider as we started a project. 



Identify Ethical Risk in St... by CHAO CI XIN




Practice Protocol in Studen... by CHAO CI XIN





Student Research Project Ri... by CHAO CI XIN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 16

WEEK 10

WEEK 13