WEEK 11

 PROJECT PROGRESS

11.1  Issue faced

Unfortunately, during the process when I'm working on the low-fidelity prototype in Adobe XD, my laptop suddenly crash which makes my files and progress gone. However, luckily I've saved some of the screens as jpg before so I'm thinking if I can use jpg to do the prototype in Invision. Instead of waiting for the laptop to be sent for repair, I tried to research on other platforms that allow me to do my low fidelity prototype. After some research as well as trial and error, I found that Invision Studio does not allow me to use my jpg to make the prototype, because there are many components I need to link to other screens, but however due to it's jpg version, so I'm unable to make it and search for other platforms as a backup. Meanwhile, while trying hard to contact the technical person introduced by a friend, I decided to ask the technical expert to help me install a newer version of Adobe XD too because my previous version doesn't allow me to make any animations or transitions.  


Besides, due to it's Saturday, I'm unable to apply to go back to campus. Therefore, I plan to apply to go back to campus from the Student Service Department on coming Monday. 


Below are some research and comparison on the platform that allows me and suits me to do my low fidelity prototype. 

[R&D] w10 - Software Comparison by CHAO CI XIN on Scribd


After contacting the Student Department, I have applied the permission to go back to campus for working on my prototype using the campus desktop and also applied for a cross-district letter in order to able to cross-district to reach my campus. 




11.2  Replan and work on missing wireframe screen 

While waiting to receive my letter and also waiting for the reply from the technician, I decided to check if my prototype has missing screens. Therefore, I replan and sketch for the missing screen in order to let me add on the missing screen in my low fidelity prototype after get back my laptop. Besides, I decided to do this step in order to let me have an overview of my low fidelity prototype (so I can know how much I need to do). 

Below are some replan notes and sketches on the missing screens:















11.3  Research on type design principle

While replanning and sketch on missing wireframe screens, as well as waiting for the technician to reply for his repairing service. I also did some deeper research on the IOS UI text design principle to see if my previous design is met the principle. After having the research, I realize that some parts I have missed out to pay attention to. Hence, I decided to make some amendments to my design when I'm able to back to campus to work on my low fidelity prototype or, hopefully the technician give me a reply as soon as possible so I could let them repair my laptop. Below are some of the research on IOS UI text design principle


[R&D] w11 - Research on UI Text Design Principle by CHAO CI XIN on Scribd





11.4  Low fidelity prototype progress (in Adobe XD)

Urghhhh, finally the technician replied to me regarding my laptop repairing service. Hence, I passed it to them for repair on Friday and to be collected on Sunday. During this period, I've got my letter back to campus on Wednesday, so I finally can work on the low fidelity prototype, but the sad thing is I need to redo the linking part for the prototype due to the file were crashed. Hence, I'm trying hard to work on it in order to do the next progress. This time, I used Adobe XD to do my prototype at the campus. I felt it is quite an up and downs to me during the whole process which I worried about my prototype files and time management. However, it was indeed a good lesson for me to find solutions and backup plans when facing sudden issues. 

Below are some of the low fidelity prototype interface progress:






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 16

WEEK 10

WEEK 13